When visiting our office plan a day
of fun, recreation, education or sightseeing. Some of the highlights include:
- Hawthorne Library. Across from our office this
Regional Library in the Alachua County System was the second Library in the library
- Hawthorne Historical Museum. See
- Cross Creek and the Marjorie Rawlings home.
The author of "The Yearling" lived in our area. Some of our patients had parts
in the movie.
- Bicycle, bicycle and bicycle. Take a tour of
Historic Johnson St., starting with the old Moore Motel next door. Turn right onto SW 2nd
Ave and in a few blocks behind the Hawthorne Medical Center building you will find the
start of the Hawthorne-Gainesville
bicycle Trail. This 17 mile trail runs along the Rim of the Payne's Prairie Preserve.
- Fish and boat. Fish camps in the Cross Creek and
Lochloosa areas provide rentals. Finway-Yankee Landing Fish camp is located
6 miles south on US301.